Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Sermon - August 22


Location: Parking lot, Chester, VA

Psalm 143

A psalm of David.
 1 O LORD, hear my prayer,
       listen to my cry for mercy;
       in your faithfulness and righteousness
       come to my relief.  2 Do not bring your servant into judgment,
       for no one living is righteous before you.
 3 The enemy pursues me,
       he crushes me to the ground;
       he makes me dwell in darkness
       like those long dead.
 4 So my spirit grows faint within me;
       my heart within me is dismayed.
 5 I remember the days of long ago;
       I meditate on all your works
       and consider what your hands have done.
 6 I spread out my hands to you;
       my soul thirsts for you like a parched land.
       Selah
 7 Answer me quickly, O LORD;
       my spirit fails.
       Do not hide your face from me
       or I will be like those who go down to the pit.
 8 Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love,
       for I have put my trust in you.
       Show me the way I should go,
       for to you I lift up my soul.
 9 Rescue me from my enemies, O LORD,
       for I hide myself in you.
 10 Teach me to do your will,
       for you are my God;
       may your good Spirit
       lead me on level ground.
 11 For your name's sake, O LORD, preserve my life;
       in your righteousness, bring me out of trouble.
 12 In your unfailing love, silence my enemies;
       destroy all my foes,
       for I am your servant.



No comments: