Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Still sewing...

Purple Bird Card

I think I've got a little addiction to these free motion sewn cards! I love the collage look. There's not a lot of structure to these...you just let the needle go where it will! This card was made for a lady in our Girls' Night Out group that recently had surgery! I wanted to send her a note to cheer her up.

Purple Bird Card 2

Leave it to Stampin' Up! to have the best sentiments! Speaking of Stampin' Up!...did you see the new Summer Mini Catalog that's out?!?!

But, a card isn't complete without a decorated envelope! So, I made this one by hand using a page from a vintage children's book!

Handmade envelope

I wanted something bright and cheery! I know it doesn't match the card itself, but who cares! I wanted her to laugh when she got it!

Handmade envelope 2



1 comment:

INTUITION said...

i loved the envelope when I saw it in the mail bin. I didn't know what kind of card was in it but I definitely knew that Rachel made it!!! What a talent you are Rachel!