Friday, August 19, 2011

Man or Machine?

Yesterday, I pulled into the parking lot at Poco to find Dynamo ready and waiting with the bikes unloaded and ready to go. Dynamo decided that it was time to try and get some riding in on the smoother fireroads and pavement at Poco. So, we met up after work for our ride.

After waiting out the rain for a few minutes (Dynamo's cast can't get wet you know?) we ventured off to see how Dynamo's hand would feel.

August 18 Biking

Dynamo took it a little slower on portions where it was really bumpy so as to not further injure his hand, but for the most part this was what I saw a lot of....

August 18 Biking

I'm not too fast going uphill, so I'm usually a ways back. Even in Dynamo's current state he still continued to pedal away as he always does. At this point in the ride as I watched him effortlessly pedal forward, more balanced with one good hand than I am with two, it occured to me that there are just some people in this world that are superhuman. Dynamo is one of them.

He will disagree with me, but this is how I see him. He rarely complains about pain, discomfort, bike troubles, body troubles, life troubles, etc. Most people that get a cast on would take the opportunity to sit around and relax for 6 weeks, but not Dynamo. From day 1 he's been trying to figure out how he can get back out there on the bike. He can go riding forever with no need for a plan of how much or how long we will be out there. Not me, I want to know the exact plan of how long we'll be there and how much mileage we're planning to do. He just likes to go out and ride. Oh, to be so uncomplicated!

August 18 Biking

This is where I compare Dynamo to a machine. Again, he would disagree, but it's true. There are very few "machines" that I know personally. Who else could ride with a cast on their arm without a single complaint? Not me!

And, we even stopped to check out the snakes at the bridge. There were 5 hanging out in the water yesterday!

August 18 Biking

It was nice to be back together on the trails! I've missed our time together being one with nature! 11 miles completed! Not too bad.

August 18 Biking



No comments: