Friday, June 11, 2010

A little birdie is thinking of you


I just LOVE orange and brown! I LOVE distressing and tearing and making stuff look old. I have no idea where I get this from. I have some packrat traits, which concerns me a little. I LOVE shopping at the thrift stores and rummaging through boxes. Dynamo says I can spend hours looking at "lots of nothing." It just fascinates me to see old stuff and what things used to look like, how they were packaged, the choice of words, etc. Sometimes I feel like my craft projects go from vintage and distressed to clean and crisp. I like to float between the styles. It keeps things interesting. Whatever I feel that day is what I go with. A lot of the time who the card is for makes a difference in the style as well.

Here is a Thinking of You (TOU is my slang) card I recently did. I LOVE the old sheet music. Again, thank you thrift store!


Materials Used: Stampin' Up - Inspired By Nature Stamp Set, Black and Dusty Durango Classic Stampin Pads, Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon, Shimmer Mist (on the bird and hard to tell by pic), Friends 24-7 Stamp Set

Other Items: TOU Stamp - Close to My Heart, Sewing Machine, Rhinestone brad and brown polka-dot paper - JBS Mercantile



1 comment:

Cobblestone Destinations said...

you are supposed to love orange and maroon!! :)