Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wedding mini book

Back in April we attended my cousin's wedding in Maryland. It was absolutely lovely. I wanted to put something handmade and special together for her of the photos I took. I also wanted a way to keep some of the special momentos together for her in the future.

Remember the messy floor...

Projects_0048

Well, that became this...

Lindsey's Wedding Book

And, the other side of the book...

Lindsey's Wedding Book

I was looking for the perfect paper to create this accordian fold mini book, and when I didn't find what I was looking for, I simply went through my stash of shopping bags. I found this lovely black and white floral one. I took it apart, folded according to instructions I found in one of my how to make a book books, and ta da!!

I chose to use the colors of her wedding: black, pink, and teal! I just love black and white photos!

On the front and back sides of the covers, I used wine bottle corks from the wedding. She had used them in a very unique way. She cut them in half, cut a slit in the curved side, and inserted place cards. Fabulous idea! So, they were the perfect clasp to hold the book together along with a rope like string. I chose this because it reminded me of the beach and the rope you use to tie a boat to the dock.

So, here's more of the inside...

Lindsey's Wedding Book

Lindsey's Wedding Book
Lindsey's Wedding Book

She had on these beautiful pink heels with her dress! They matched her mom's dress. You can't tell in these photos, but trust me! The minute I saw them I knew I was going to edit the picture to make it black and white with the only color being on the pink shoes! So fabulous!

In this next photo I used the table number card on our table because it was her "family" table.
Lindsey's Wedding Book

And, on the other side of the accordian book there was a pocket on each page to hold special papers, etc. from the event. In the first pockets I placed the invitation, the welcome message in our hotel bags, and a map of the area.

Lindsey's Wedding Book

And, on the last page I put the menu from dinner along with the interior envelope which held our invitation. Inside that envelope I put a CD with all the photos I took from the weekend.
Lindsey's Wedding Book

Lindsey's Wedding Book

So, I'm not really sure what she'll do with the book, but I wanted her to have something special from us! It was kinda like a giant card!



No comments: