Friday, October 7, 2011

a fall favorite


There are many things that I love about the Fall including apple picking, the temperature dropping, leaves changing colors, Halloween (my favorite), etc. But, there's one thing that I absolutely love and can't live without this time of year and that is Pumpkin Spice Latte from 7-11! It is absolutely fantastic for such a low price as compared to Starbucks. In my opinion Starbucks can't even come close to beating this taste! For less than half the price, 7-11 has them beat!

You may think I'm crazy, but I so look forward to walking into 7-11 every October to find the label has been changed on the latte machine to read "Pumpkin Spice". My face just lights up when I see it. Some people have to have their coffee every day. Not me...I don't normally drink coffee or any other fancy drink except this one time a year.

With 216 calories in a 12 ounce cup you do have to limit yourself. Especially since my friend, Rachel, recently sent me a cholesterol handout. (Yes, we'll address that at some other point in a blog post) I am trying to incorporate it in my new diet plan carefully. After all, it's only here for the fall!

If you haven't tried some, please do! You won't be sorry! But then again, you do have to love pumpkin! There are two flavors I absolutely love - pumpkin and banana! It just doesn't get any better than that.

So, cheers to you! Happy Fall!!!



No comments: