Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mountain Bike Monday - Time to Ride...finally!

Biking October 9 012

There's nothing like the sound of your shoes clicking in after a long while of being away from the trails. It was like music to my ears to lace up my riding shoes and clip in my pedals on Sunday. I sure have missed our weekend rides!

Dynamo's finger is still sore, but with his brace on we decided to venture onto the Lakeview Trails at Poco for an easy ride to see how his hand would do.

Biking October 9 010

We hadn't been on the Lakeview Trails since before Hurricane Irene hit. Some trails, including Lakeview 3, are still closed. The volunteers, yes trails are maintained solely by volunteers, have done a fantastic job clearing and re-routing much of the trails. It's truly amazing how much damage that storm did. There were many sections of trail that were unrecognizable to me. I was excited because some of my not-so-favorite sections were re-routed. Dynamo said I must like the re-routes because they took out some hills. Of course I like that :)

Biking October 9 011

There were many trees uprooted like the one in the picture above. And, I'm talking big huge trees with rootballs as big as a small house it seemed.
The one thing I thought of as we were riding was that now there are lots more places for critters to hide. Yikes! In many cases the trees were cut up and placed on the sides of the trail. Nice hiding spots for Mr. Snake!

Biking October 9 005

There were some new obstacles in places where we weren't used to them. So, it's like learning a whole new trail!

Biking October 9 003

MUTT got a new fork. Well, it's not new, but it's new to me. Dynamo kindly gave me the fork off of his Kermit. I really do make out like a bandit most of the time. I'm happy to take bike parts from Dynamo! In the past Dynamo could resell those parts, but now that's not possible because he always shares with me! :)

It was a great ride. We did about 9 miles of singletrack. It was so nice to be back in the saddle again!

Biking October 9 013

Hope your weekend was great! It was sooooo beautiful!! Now is the perfect time of year to be outside!



No comments: