Friday, May 14, 2010

Let's Get Started

Hello friends!
This is my first post! So...here I go into the big blogosphere that has so inspired me. There are so many beautiful blogs out there and it's quite intimidating when you look online and see what great writers, artists, and photographers there are out there. You automatically think...Who would want to read my blog? I couldn't possibly have anything to say that others would want to read. Well, after much reading, I discovered that many started out feeling that way too! I discovered Stampington and Company's Artful Blogging magazine. Inside this great magazine are many personal experiences from bloggers about their blogging. I recommend it to anyone thinking about starting a blog.

I'd also like to mention my dearest friend, Jamie, who encouraged me to just get started. You can visit her beautiful blog, Walkin' In High Cotton. Thank you, Jamie!

Here's a little about how I named the blog...in case you're interested!
Well, when attempting to name my blog I struggled with what to name it. I knew I wanted to talk about my crafting, but also wanted to share my other interests as well. Recently, my husband, Jeff, hereafter referred to as "Dynamo," and I competed in a team ride and run race called The Muddy Buddy. We needed a team name and my Dynamo came up with the best one ever, The Dirty Diva and Her Dynamo. For those of you that don't know, mountain biking can be pretty dirty at times. At the end of this race we had to crawl through a mud pit on our hands and knees together, so dirty was certainly an understatement!

I loved our team name so much that I thought it would be great for a blog title, except one thing was missing...our Boston Terrier fur-child, Lexi! She is definitely my steed! Always there to protect and give love! So, The Dirt Diva, her Dynamo, and her trusty Steed was born!

More to come later. Thanks for stopping by!
-DD



2 comments:

Jamie (va_grown) said...

So excited to see your launch and be the first to post--Can't wait to see what you have to share!

M Rosen said...

I was wondering who the steed was. . .glad it was not Jeff! I am so glad you have started a blog! This is awesome. I'm sure you'll have fun with it! I love the IJADIP-- I think I also saw that in the Bicycle Dreams movie-- I think it was on a license plate. Maybe you should get that on your license!!
Missy