Friday, February 25, 2011

The Birdie Sling

The last part of Lindsey's gift was a beach bag/tote bag. She told me that she loves bags and colors, so I wanted to make her something to maybe take with her on her honeymoon or tote stuff around town!

I used Amy Butler's Birdie Sling pattern. Another fabulous pattern by Amy Butler, let me tell you!!! This is the second time I've used this pattern and it was easier than the first time. It certainly wasn't hard to begin with because her patterns are so user friendly, but the more you make something, the better you get at it.

Of course it had to be different on each side. Everything I make is two-sided in case you haven't noticed! Maybe this could be my signature :)

It turned out fabulous! The colors were bright and spring-like. The bag is the perfect size. I know she will enjoy using it!
I try very hard to think about the person and their personality when I make something. Every card, bag, purse, etc. that I make is special to me. Just like the person I make it for. 

If you're looking for a great pattern, this is it! All of Amy's patterns are great! 



2 comments:

Charleston Hokie said...

What a great bag!!!! LOVE IT!!! How adorable would it look in a peacock pattern? I am loving that look lately. Girl you are too crafty. Stick those on your etsy site and i'll blow some paychecks on 'em. :)

M Rosen said...

very cute! love the fabric combination!