Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Art Journaling 366 for 2012

Every year I try so hard to keep up with documenting our adventures and lives and every year I fail when I try to commit myself to a scrapbooking scenario. So, this year I've decided that I am going to do something that I I think will work better. I found a group of artists that participate in a calender challenge. That is a calendar page each month. So, you create 12 pages with space on each date to write in short snippets of excitement from your daily life.

Here is my January 2012 calendar page...

January 2012 Journal Page

Once you create your page you simply fill in the blanks as you have things you want to remember. That's it. No printing pictures and scrapbooking. No long writing and reminiscing. Just short quick notes!

If you're interested in reading about the project, visit The Kathryn Wheel. There are lots of participants and different artistic styles.

I am looking forward to documenting our lives this way for 2012! This doesn't mean I won't still art journal or scrapbook when the mood strikes me! I'll post my blank page and completed page for each month on the blog and my Flickr account.



6 comments:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Looks like a great idea. How big are the pages you made?

The Dolphin Inn said...

Loving your inky painty pages, cant wait to see what you do next month xxx

Diane Kelsey said...

Love.y bright inspiring pages to journal on.

Rainbow Lady said...

Fabulous pages so nice and bright and cheerful. Don't know where Disputanta is... interesting.. not been there must look it up.
Love Cynthia #58 x

Rachel Chieppa said...

Jamie, I am actually working in a large handmade journal. I got the idea for the book from Dina Wakley's site. http://dinawakley.com/?page_id=64

http://www.misterart.com/paper-boards/art-illustration/drawing-sketching-paper/sketchbooks-journals/global-art-handmade-watercolor-books.html

This is a great book! 11" x 15 1/2". I have the smaller one too!

thekathrynwheel said...

Love your artsy style! Welcome to the challenge, so pleased to have you playing along and looking forward to seeing lots more of your art during 2012. Happy new year!