Wednesday, January 25, 2012

colorful crochet

Madison's Afghan (1)

Did I tell you that I love making colorful things? Working with these colors made me smile every time I picked up the afghan to work on it.

I apologize for the coloring in the pic below. It was a little dark when I took the pic.
Madison's Afghan (4)

Our niece, Madison, has a birthday coming up. I hadn't crocheted her anything yet, so I sat down and tried to figure out a pattern from another afghan a lady at church had made me. I think I figured it out for the most part. It's kinda my own personalized design. I used any colors I had on hand. I wanted it bright and bold! And...I added the crocheted flower on one corner to make it really girly!

I'm so honored that Madison enjoys anything handmade by Aunt Rachel! She is always so excited and appreciative. I wanted to make her a special kid-sized afghan in her colors! So many kids don't appreciate this kind of stuff. They think it's old-lady-ish I guess!

I hope she likes it! We'll find out in February at her party!



1 comment:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Our kids each have a hand-made afghan that they've claimed as "theirs' that they keep on their beds. Ruby's matches her room nicely and Waylon's is shades of blue so it's pretty neutral. But Wyatt's is totally 70s-style with orange/green/brown chevrons made by my grandmother. I'm sure it was in-style then! :) He loves it through and will probably have it forever.