Tuesday, January 4, 2011

40th Anniversary Calendar

So, I've had Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS) for a while now, but haven't had the patience or time to play around with the features enough to decide how much I like the digital scrapbooking thing. I decided to sit down and work on a project for my parents' 40th Anniversary, which is today! My Momma is always making calendars for everyone else, so I thought making them a calendar of their very own would be a good gift to celebrate 40 years together!

Remember, this is my first effort!

Here's the front cover...

And, a few of the inside pages...

I printed the pages on Stampin' UP!'s confetti white cardstock and then bound them using my Zutter Bind-it-All! The Zutter is a very awesome tool! I'd recommend getting one. You can bind all sizes of albums.

You have the ability with the MDS program to add embellishments and journaling, as well as make notations on the different dates. The quality of the project might have been sharper if I'd used photo paper, but I really like the matte finish of the cardstock, along with its thickness. After I printed it, I distressed the edges to frame the photos better. I was pleased!

Momma and Daddy really liked the calendar! I'm excited about experimenting more with the MDS program.

Happy 40th Anniversary, Momma and Daddy!!! We love you!!



No comments: