Monday, January 17, 2011

Mountain Bike Monday - A little clip

Well, you know that Dynamo got us a new Kodak PlaySport for Christmas, so we've been experimenting with it quite a bit. Yesterday, we got out and had a really good ride on the Lakeview Trails at Pocohontas State Park. We were feeling good in the mild 47 degree weather! It was such a pleasant ride together. We met up with MBM, his wife, Lisa, and their girls at Panera for a quick bite to eat before heading to the Park. The trails were a little slippery in some places, but overall the trail conditions were good. It was nice to see people out riding the trails after all this cold snowy weather that kept us all on the fire roads for weeks now.

I thought you might like to see a little video clip from our ride on the trails. This clip is from one of my favorite sections of trail on Lakeview 2. They call it Little Moab. I've had pictures on here before of this section, but we were experimenting with video because we hope to put more video of our trail rides out here in the future. Dynamo is going to work on a handlebar mount for the camera for future rides so we can have relatively stable videography too!

I must say...when I first starting riding I feared this section of trail. Mainly because I ALWAYS fell when I went through it, but now I've got it down. We finished up around 13 miles! We were pleased with our progress and got outside for a couple of hours to enjoy the fresh January air! Enjoy!

Untitled from Rachel Chieppa on Vimeo.



2 comments:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

That's pretty cool! Although, with handlebar mounting, you're either in the front and we would only get to see the trail. I like seeing you ride it. It gives a better impression of how rough the ride is.

Jim Rosen said...

Cool. Can't wait to see more video. That is something I have always wanted to do.