Friday, September 3, 2010

Ahhh...lemon cake

Here was my challenge...
My mom requested a lemon cake for her birthday. Well, she didn't know it, but I was planning to make it for our girls night celebration last Monday. You see...this cake is divine! I'm not a fan of lemon normally. I don't choose lemon meringue pie when we go out, but I do enjoy lemonade. This is the exception! This is not my recipe, but that of my friend, Laura. Never am I able to replicate the absolute fabulosity of other's creations; however, I was willing to attempt it anyhow.

So, it began...

I followed the instructions very carefully. I LOVE my Kitchenaid blender! That is the most wonderful creation ever made. I bought the beautiful robin egg blue blender (doesn't match a thing in my kitchen now) several years ago...about 7 or so. It's been through lots and still strong as an ox. If you don't have one go get one now! I just don't know how a kitchen can not have one of those essential tools!


In went the eggs...

Then, all of the other goodness together...


Oh, Yummmy!!!
The waiting begins...Is it gonna turn out right? Is the color looking like Laura's. Oh, my!


Out it came...it was so beautiful! The rose pan just completed the look! By the way...Dynamo hates those funky pans. They are a pain to clean, but they also tend to stick much easier because of the grooves. You have to get down in the grooves and grease away!


It was definitely a hit! Here are mom and the girls admiring the cake! Whew! It passed the test!
And, a group photo from dinner here (we had to squeeze in)...
Even our waiter wanted a piece! I was so excited that it turned out like Laura's! It wasn't quite as wonderful as hers and probably never will be unless she makes it, but it was pretty good if I do say so myself. I'm glad that the birthday girl and the girls enjoyed it!

The recipe is definitely headed to the "Favorites" section of my special recipe flip book (I'll feature that next week). It's a keeper and will become a recipe that I will use often for work pot lucks or as a hostess gift.



No comments: