Monday, October 7, 2013

Mountain Bike Monday - Let me take you on a night ride!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

Last Tuesday evening we all gathered at Poco for a night ride! Yes, in the dark!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

The ride was setup as a beginner to intermediate ride! Dynamo had been trying to get me back out on the trails for a night ride ever since the year before when I went out.

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

It's not that I was afraid...just a little hesitant. The last night ride that we went on wasn't as beginner as I'd hoped. It was raining, of course dark, and we rode Lakeview backwards! The combination of factors made me a little unsteady. But, I made it through then and I knew in good weather conditions I could do fine. Plus, I've had more practice since then!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

We all got our helmet lights and handlebar lights setup and broke into two groups, beginner and not beginner! Then, we headed out to do Lakeview backwards!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

We had a little time to get acclimated before the trails got really dark. I wasn't afraid at all. There were about 16 people out for the ride, so it's not like we were alone!

It was hard to get pics at night, but here was one!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

We had a lovely time and met some really nice people. I'm looking forward to our next night ride! Everyone is so encouraging and helpful. No one rushes and everyone stays together! It's a privilege to get to ride in the park at night because it's otherwise prohibited. The only night riding is an organized ride with the Friends of Poco group or other arranged ride.

Then, on Saturday we met up with Carmen. We met her at the Tuesday night ride and she told us that she wanted to go riding if/when we went!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

On our way to the trailhead we had some minor adjusting on the pedals (thank goodness for Dynamo). Then, we had a great time riding and chatting!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

I told Carmen it was nice to have new material to photograph! She laughed!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

She was a good sport about me and the camera!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

We stopped a few times to take pics in new places and just had a relaxing ride getting to know each other!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

It's always nice to meet other mountain bikers, especially ladies!!! Carmen is really funny and made us laugh a lot!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

Even though the day was really hot, it was quite a bit cooler in the woods!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

We are excited to have new friends to ride with! It was a great time!

Poco Ride Oct 5, 2013

Hope your weekend was great!!



No comments: