Friday, January 7, 2011

Preserving Christmas

I can't tell you how many pictures we take at Christmas and every holiday we celebrate. This Christmas I decided that I was definitely going to preserve our memories by scrapping them. As I finish up the pages I'll share them with y'all.

Here are some of the first Christmas 2010 pages...

Mom and I on Christmas Eve...
I love old colorful record covers, so I've been trying to incorporate them into my art. This was the result. The wording was perfect for a Christmas Eve page.

Hopefully the closeups will show you the random stitching I did with my sewing machine. You know how I love to add stitching to stuff!

And, I found some great embellishments on sale after Christmas at JoAnn Fabric! They were K&Company (I love that stuff)!!!


And, the next page...
Did I tell you how very much I love Stampin' Up!'s Christmas Designer Series Paper! Deck the Halls and Jolly Holiday ROCK!!!! It's almost too beautiful to use!


And, the final page of the day...

More sewing and embellishments with the Jolly Holiday paper! Of course I had to add some vintage sheet music too!

Have a great weekend, everyone!! They say more snow next week for us! Better get some biking in this weekend then!



3 comments:

Jim Rosen said...

Very nice work. What a great thing to have to look back on someday. Very well done. Most people today just put their pictures on the computer. That is great and all but computers crash and there is no better way to share photos then in person, passing around scrapbooks.

leah said...

Fun pages! Love the stitching! ^_^

jackie said...

Love what you have done with your sewing machine. I pulled mine out last week and have been working on some valentine goodies....