Tuesday, March 8, 2011

upcycled book binding

So, I really enjoy going through the racks of vintage records at the thrift stores and estate sales to find cool old covers. I especially love children's record covers. I don't even own a record player anymore, but I just love the images. I thought it would be a great way to recycle/upcycle these covers if I I turned them into art journals.

So, here are the results...

Walt Disney's Songs for Bedtime!


Of course the best part about coptic binding is that the pages lie flat while you work!

And, here's another cool book made from the Carnival of the Animals record...


They will be for sale in my etsy shop!



1 comment:

jackie said...

I love your books Rachel! What a fun idea.

The rabbit is an old unmounted stamp I have had for a long time. I don't know what or who it is. I am so sorry. I have had so many comments on the tags and emails of where my stamps come from. I have been a stamper forever and have so many OLD stamps that I am embarrassed I don't keep the info. I need to be a little more organized in that area. if I do stumble or remember I will let you know. Thank You for the comments.