Monday, January 26, 2015

Hiking Beaver Lake

Poco hike 1/25/15

Yesterday was such a great day that we decided to head over to Pocahontas State Park. Dynamo went for a ride on his bike while Charlie and I hiked around Beaver Lake.

Poco hike 1/25/15

Charlie was so excited to get out on the trails to celebrate his 3rd birthday! There were lots of dogs and people out enjoying the beautiful day!!

Poco hike 1/25/15

It was all I could do to keep Charlie from jumping in the water! I knew it was way too cold for that!!

Poco hike 1/25/15

But, I did let him get his paws damp!

Poco hike 1/25/15

The sun shining down from above was so bright and the air was so crisp! We just felt so rejuvenated being outside with all the goodness around! I just loved the bright green moss amidst all of the brown leaves!

Poco hike 1/25/15

Charlie did not like having to stop for pictures, but I just wanted to enjoy the warmth of the sun!

Poco hike 1/25/15

The hill at the lake had such beautiful moss! I made him pose for a few pics there!

Poco hike 1/25/15

We stopped at the top of the dam on Beaver Lake! The water was rushing over. I didn't want Charlie getting too close!

Poco hike 1/25/15

Next, we went over to the boat ramp area to wait on Dynamo.

Poco hike 1/25/15

Poco hike 1/25/15

Eventually Dynamo came riding in like a knight in shining armor!!

Poco hike 1/25/15

We had a wonderful time enjoying the park! Charlie got an over 4 mile hike in!!

Hope your weekend was fantastic!




No comments: