Thursday, January 22, 2015

Shotgun Rider

With Monday being a holiday, we decided to get out and enjoy the fresh air! There were lots of others at the park enjoying the day as well!

Poco ride 1/19/15

Each day we have to remember to be grateful for the time we have together to be outside enjoying God's creation.

Poco ride 1/19/15

I am thankful for the warmth of the sun on our chilly rides, and the sparkle that it gives to the water it shines over!

Poco ride 1/19/15

I am thankful for a husband who WANTS to ride with me at my pace. He is always patient, kind, and supportive of me. He lifts me up!

Poco ride 1/19/15

When we get to the dam we always stop and stare in awe of its beauty. Dynamo mentioned the sunlight in the background just over the top! It still amazes me everytime we ride up and see the rushing waters!

Poco ride 1/19/15

We enjoy being with one another. We enjoy the time away from the rest of the world, away from the phones and the internet. It's a time to ride and reflect and just be together. And, there's always time to stop and just look at the world around you and admire it's beauty. Every single leaf, acorn, mossy tree trunk and creature is God's work.

Poco ride 1/19/15

And, silly me just had to make Dynamo give me a mooch! But, the park is a special place for us. It's just full of peace and beauty. There's no noise of the world around, just the two of us together!

Poco ride 1/19/15

Sure, the trails can be tough. It's just like life. But, we can make it. Together, with those we love we can make it. Without Dynamo's love, support, and encouragement I wouldn't be where I am today on the bike (and in life). He takes the time to help me and love me. He patiently waits for me at each of the peaks and turns during our ride, knowing just when to push me along. He encourages me out of the tough valleys and together we have both grown as people and bikers. We have to support one another and encourage each other to be the best we can be. There's a Tim McGraw song called "Shotgun Rider." I always want to be Dynamo's shotgun rider! I want to always be with him and by his side through the good times and the bad. He is a blessing and a gift from God.

Poco ride 1/19/15

I pray that each of you will stop and take a moment to think about all you have to be thankful for and show those you love how much you love them. Protect them and love them with all you have. But, mostly, be thankful to God for each and every blessing you have.



No comments: