Thursday, February 3, 2011

pretty blue purse

A good friend asked if I could make her a purse using blues. So, this is what I came up with...
I really love the blues and greens in this fabric. Of course I had to make it different, so here's the other side...

I really like a two-sided purse. It is different (you definitely won't find another one like it) and gives you different options for different outfits. You just carry the side you want people to see facing outwards.

I was very pleased with how this purse turned out. It is the Frenchy Bag from Amy Butler. I absolutely LOVE her patterns. They are so user friendly and Rachel proof!

I sometimes alter the patterns just slightly to fit my taste, but overall it is the same purse. After you use the pattern a few times, you learn what works for you and what doesn't.

I do hope my friend likes it! But, if not...that's ok...I'll make another one!
Have a great Thursday!



1 comment:

Jamie Oliver (@va_grown) said...

Oh! I love the blue/green/white materials. Very cool and crisp.

I'm trying Amy Butler next, I'm done with these beginners-need-not-try sewing patterns and I've heard her's are very good. Her materials are gorgeous--where do you order fabric from? I've never seen anything like that in the store.