Thursday, February 24, 2011

Something borrowed, Something blue...

On my wedding day, my cousin, Lindsey Marie, gave me the above vintage handkerchief that was her Granny's, and said that it could be "my borrowed" or "my blue," whatever I needed. I carried that hanky with me down the aisle the day I said my vows to my Dynamo. I did cry that day...a lot!! But, they were happy tears!

My mom's friend bought a get well card with a hanky in it...showed it to us...said "Rachel, you can make that"...and I thought I could too...So, I thought hard about it and came up with the above design for Lindsey's card. I wanted to incorporate shells because Lindsey is a beachy girl. The shell was one of many we found on one of our trips to Florida to see Dynamo's parents. It was the perfect addition.
The shell band slides off of the card and it opens to reveal this rhyme:
"Something borrowed, Something blue, Either way it's up to you! Love, Rachel Marie"
This was probably one of my best card creations. It was so special. You see, Lindsey and I are both only children, so we have a common thread. I have always looked up to my big cousin. I'm so happy to see that she's found her "Prince Charming." He will be a wonderful husband to her and a great addition to our family.




1 comment:

Charleston Hokie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this. you are so creative!! Great job Rach!