Monday, January 28, 2013

Mountain Bike Monday - A snowy path

snow1

Although a little cold yesterday, it was absolutely gorgeous at the park!

snowrachkelpoco

A friend of ours joined us for a snowy spin at Poco!

snowrachpoco

And, we really had a great time!

snowypathpoco

I had never ridden at the park on snow covered paths, so it was a new experience.

snowypathpoco2

And, I loved it! Surprisingly, I had more traction than I thought I would. Dynamo reminded me that these are mountain bikes with knobby tires!

snowheadspoco

I took it easy on the downhills because I wasn't sure how much I would slide.

rachsnow2

I can honestly say that I am really looking forward to more snowy rides this winter! It does take a little more work and you have to pay closer attention, but the scenery is worth it!

splitrockpoco

I really wanted to see the split rock covered with snow! So, we headed over to Forest Exploration to check it out!

bridgesplitrock

It was beautiful so we stopped to snap a self portrait!

rachjeffsnowpoco

And, then we headed onward...

snow4

snow2

There were lots of bikers, hikers, and runners out. I guess they wanted to experience the park snowy like us!

snow3

The day was pretty! My toes got a little chilly, but it was worth it.

bridgepoco

The dam near the parking area was sparkling...

dampoco

It was a lovely afternoon! Even the lake had some icy spots!

frozenlakepoco

Hope you enjoyed the snow if you happened to be lucky enough to get some!



No comments: