Saturday, October 2, 2010

Today is World Cardmaking Day and Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day

Did you know that today you're supposed to celebrate by making a card and taking a kid out mountain biking? Well, if you aren't crafty or don't want to make a card, I recommend you go buy one and send it to someone who might need a pick-me-up. Be sure to check out the details on this day by visiting the site.


I'm very excited about today because these are two great happenings! I'm spending tomorrow afternoon with my Close to My Heart Consultant and some other girls making Halloween cards (after all it is a favorite holiday of mine). I know, I'm being a trader by going to the "other side." We have an understanding....she buys Stampin' Up stuff from me and I buy Close to My Heart stuff from her. We all win in this scenario.

For today's card I chose to use images from a vintage children's book. Here's a thank you card I made for a friend who is a horse person...

This friend gave me some of her mom's costume jewelry to use in my craft projects. Notice the accent on this card...
And, I just had to decorate the envelope! It completes the card!
Happy October 2nd!!



No comments: