Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Back to work...

Here and there I've been able to do a couple of cards and other projects. We've been pretty busy playing with Charlie, so I've not been too focused on creative things. We've been having so much fun with our kid...enjoying him while he's little! You know, these are the most important times in a "kid's" life. According to our research, a 50% of a dog's personality is shaped by its owners. Therefore, we are trying very hard to work with him early on, so he will be a good grownup later. We are working hard to be good parents!

But...I did have a few minutes to work on a couple of cards.

thank you flower card

I wanted a special thank you card that was unique, so I decided to paint my version of a camellia. No, they aren't normally purple, but my friend likes purple! And...no, it probably doesn't look like the camellias you are used to, but it's my version. The best part about art is that it can be anything you want it to be. I draw what I see to my eyes when I look at something. I do tend to simplify.

The other day I took Charlie upstairs for the first time to the craft room. I let him sniff around and inspect all of the chaos. He was really good and didn't chew anything. This room has lots of stuff in it, on the floors, on shelves, in stacks...so, he needs to learn early on what he can and cannot touch. He did great! He was a little wiggly while I made this card...

kristi's birthday card

But, he was really patient for a 9 week old puppy. So, I was glad I could make my friend a birthday card this past week! Hope you have a great day!



No comments: