Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Mountain Bike Monday - Confidence?

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

Last Thursday our little sidekick was ready to ride!We geared up and headed to the Battlefield for our weekly road ride.

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

It's a fun time because we can all go together! Charlie loves to explore, but never wanders far in the parking lot. He looks around at stuff while we get ready.

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

We head for the open road and do a couple of loops together.

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

We saw a mom, dad, and their babies!

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

It was a very quiet night at the park. Just us and the creatures!

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

And, when we got back the little guy was just as content as can be!

Battlefield Ride June 14, 2012

We did about 15 miles! It was getting dark and they were closing up, so we only got in 2 loops!

And, on Saturday afternoon after the market, we headed to Poco with Spot, the SS.

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

Great day for riding! I was feeling pretty strong and rested up after a mid-afternoon nap! Doing the market on Saturdays makes me pretty tired, so usually I have to nap when we get back so I can recharge for the rest of the day!

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

They were clearing some trees near our parking spot. Not sure what for, but maybe a picnic area?

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

Things were going along really well for Spot and I until I tried to go over a log that I usually go over, but hadn't in a while! I was trying to practice my techniques again. The log that was usually on the other side of the pile was gone. I panicked and hit the breaks, my front wheel turned and I went crashing down. So much for confidence huh?

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

I dusted myself off and got back on slightly shocked and a little sore. At least I know what I did wrong. It's all a learning experience right?

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

At that point I was a little nervous and decided against my original plan, which was to attempt to ride this skinny! Instead I posed for a pic! Maybe next time!

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

We continued on and finished Lakeview 1 and 2 and on the way back rode through the campsites to smell the fires and dinner cooking!

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

We completed about 10.5 miles and I felt really good on my SS. We had a good day overall. My times were much faster. I'm really starting to get the hang of the breaking. It's truly helping my control and speed!

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

There were lots of squirrels running around, but that was all thank goodness!

Poco Ride June 16, 2012

We got back to the car and felt great! I really do love my original Spot. He's just a good bike! I am continuing to feel stronger and think the road rides are a big help! More rides this week! Have a great Tuesday!



No comments: