Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cock a doodle doo!!

I'm super excited about a recent order! The Urban Farmhouse Market and Cafe in Richmond asked me to make a coffee soap cake for their shop using their coffee blend!



Talk about excited and honored!!! WOW! They want to "serve" my soap cake by the slice to their customers! What a great conversation piece! So, as soon as we got back from vacation I got to work on the cake! It's complete, but needs to be cut! I just wanted to give you a sneak peak before cutting!

Coffee Soap Cake by The Daily Scrub

I'll post pics once we slice it, but until then close your eyes and pretend you can smell it! It really is a lovely fragrance that's not over the top coffee smelling!

In the process of making this cake, it gave me an idea to make some coffee soap for The Daily Scrub customers!

Coffee Cake Soap - The Daily Scrub (16)

As an experiment I made a few bars with coffee grounds! The grounds are excellent exfoliators!

Coffee Cake Soap - The Daily Scrub (9)


I added activated charcoal to the bars and the cake as the middle layer. Remember, activated charcoal is known for removing impurities in the skin.

Coffee Cake Soap - The Daily Scrub (13)


This bar is so creamy and yummy! I can't wait for it to be ready!

Coffee Cake Soap - The Daily Scrub (14)


Even if you're not a coffee lover, I can guarantee you'll love this bar!

Coffee Cake Soap - The Daily Scrub (1)


So, stay tuned. We'll be cutting the cake soon and I can't wait to see the lovely pattern inside!

Coffee Cake Soap by The Daily Scrub


And, many thanks to my friend, Lisa, for getting me connected with The Urban Farmhouse!

Coffee Cake Soap by The Daily Scrub


Have a great day!

Coffee Cake Soap by The Daily Scrub



No comments: