Monday, July 19, 2010

artistic etchings birthday

I really like how my birthday card for Alicia turned out! I'm so sorry the picture quality is so-so, but I had to snap it with my camera phone. I've been really impressed with the Artistic Etchings stamp set from Stampin' Up! It really has lots of versatility.The "H", the oval die cut adhesive (with brown border) behind the "H", and the small adhesive rhinestone are all from my monthly kits by JBS Mercantile. Even though this project is not necessarily vintage, I did distress the edges. I couldn't resist! I like vintage a lot, but Stampin' Up! is very crisp and clean, so incorporating the vintage items from her kits creates a nice balance for me. You will find that I use lots of products from there. And, I just had to use the sewing machine on the old olive ribbon! Sewing just adds an extra touch!

Materials Used: 
Stampin' Up! - concord crush cardstock and classic stampin pad, old olive classic stampin pad and grosgrain ribbon, artistic etchings stamp set, happy everything stamp set, poppy parade cardstock, cherry cobbler classic stampin pad, circle designer brad, tab punch, 1 and 3/4" circle punch, small square punch, very vanilla cardstock

JBS Mercantile - "H" die cut adhesive letter, oval die cut adhesive, adhesive rhinestone



No comments: