Monday, July 1, 2013

Mountain Bike Monday - Ridin' the Reds

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

Yesterday, Dynamo and I headed out to Poco for a ride on Lakeview! It was a little hot mid-afternoon, but in the woods the temperature dropped a bit.

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

Dynamo suggested we check out the red sections on Lakeview 1. It had been a long time since I had attempted these. So, we hit the first one which had a couple of rock gardens. I made it through most of it, but we did stop to discuss strategy for next time!

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

Sorry the above pic is a little blurry! This was the rock garden on the second red section. I took a bad tumble here a while ago and hadn't been back since! It seems a lot more ridable now. I think my perspective has changed a bit. My balance is better now as well as my confidence. So, I'm much more willing and ready to take on these new obstacles.

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

Also on this second red there was a rocky climb. It was a little tricky so I walked it this time! See Dynamo at the top in the pic above! There was a section at the top with some roots and rocks.

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

I think with some practice I can make it through. The second red seemed the most challenging. I think I will start incorporating these into my rides to gain some practice and eventually I'll be able to ride it all.

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

And, on the third red there was a huge rock with a ramp built up! No, I'm not going to try that! But, Dynamo walked up and posed for a pic!

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

The third red opened up to the lake with tons of blooming lillypads! It was pretty! We were quite close to the water here! Lovely view! The third red wasn't bad at all!

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

And, as we were closing out our ride we saw the above snake. He was so hidden and quiet as I rode past. He was right on the edge of the trail. I was almost past him when I noticed him and hollered! Yikes! I stopped just past and walked back to snap a pic. He still didn't move. Just sunning himself! I really thought I was going to make it through without encountering any critters, but I was wrong!

Biking Poco June 30, 2013

The above reddish frog was hiding in a tree. Dynamo noticed him as we rode by. He was trying hard not to be photographed!

It was a good ride. A little warm, but good! We enjoyed the time together! New adventures on the reds. We'll attempt more next time! Gotta practice up! Dynamo is a good teacher! He's patient and willing to talk me through the tough spots!



No comments: