Friday, September 10, 2010

Did you know?

September is National Sewing Month! Pretty cool huh? Well, in celebration of this fabulous month, I'm going to try to sew something/anything in most of my projects this month. My first sewing project for you to check out is below.

SPOILER ALERT! Lindsey - if you haven't gotten any mail from me yet DO NOT READ ON! I do know that she reads my blog (she said so)! I did mail this Tuesday, but don't want to spoil the surprise. That is truly the problem with blogging. You really can spoil good surprises if you're not careful!

I'm truly honored that anyone would want to read what I have to write about, so thank you to all of you!

Onward...


Isn't this postcard funny? My cousin, Lindsey, got engaged recently. I wanted to send her something to make her smile (or shreek maybe). So, Momma dug out this picture for me to send. The challenge was how to incorporate this picture into a card/project. I looked at it for a few days and then remembered the postcards that I had done recently, as well as saw some really cute ones in Donna Downey's new book, Fabric Scrapbooking.

Here's the front...


In order to be sent as a postcard it must be 4x6 inches and height must not exceed 1/8". The post office gets a little upset when creativity goes outside the box, so I try to keep them relatively flat. I always pay the extra for them to hand cancel them.

Well, I don't know what year this picture was taken, but we were obviously at Grams' house and we obviously got bears (probably from Belk as my co-worker helped me identify). Can you guess which one I am in the picture? Gotta love the 80's! Lindsey, I Love You!!

Lindsey and I are both only children, and since she was the eldest of us I always looked up to her. She always got to cut the grass at Grams' house and Grams' neighbor's. She got paid for that! I always wanted to be able to cut grass and get paid. Well, before long I got my wish! Be careful what you wish for!

Growing up, in the summers my Grams would keep us together. I always hoped that Lindsey would come and stay, but being 4 years older she didn't always. Grams would make us cheese toast and scrambled eggs. Lindsey wanted her toast cut in 2 pieces and ate her breakfast with a fork and I always wanted mine cut into 4 pieces and ate with a spoon. Grams always cut the toast with the spoon. Lindsey, do you still eat your toast that way?

Isn't it funny the things we remember?



No comments: