Tuesday, September 14, 2010

We're all turning 30!

This year is a big year for many of my classmates/friends and myself. We're all turning 30! I'm at the tail end of the group, being the December baby (back when they let you start school at a super early age 4). It's so hard to believe that time flies just that fast! One of my very hilarious friends...we were in school together from elementary up through high school...had a birthday recently! She can always crack a joke! Whenever you're around her your stomach hurts because she makes you laugh constantly! She's always been that way, and I love that about her. I don't see her very much, but I wanted to send her a super funny card to celebrate her big day! So, I pulled out the vintage Dr. Seuss books and Bingo cards. I ripped out an image I thought appropriate! Here was the result...
Notice the kids' mouths are wide open looking at the big 30! Here's a closeup....
The sentiments, tiny type letters, and "30" chipboard numbers are from JBS Mercantile. The word "birthday" is from Stampin' Up!'s Birthday's Count stamp set. I also used Not Quite Navy Classic ink and brocade blue cardstock from SU.

And...I just had to decorate the envelope...
Cheers to 30 great years!



2 comments:

Jim Rosen said...

Youngin.

M Rosen said...

I love this card-- so cool! Of course, anything with Dr Seuss is awesomeness. Have you ever seen the book called "the Art of Dr Seuss"? it is a book that shows pictures of his other artwork-- it is what you'd expect, but pretty neat.