Thursday, September 30, 2010

Welcome home

This is a "welcome to your new home" card for a co-worker's daughter! She recently got her first apartment and I wanted to celebrate the occasion. Along with the card I put together a rubbermaid box of goodies that I thought she might could use. I remember when I first went away and needed something like a screwdriver or hammer or thermometer or bandaids or tape or vaporub, etc. I included in the box lots of random items that you wouldn't think to buy until you need them. I thought it might be a good idea.

Here's a closeup of the card...
And, here's a pic of the box...


For the card I used:

Stampin' Up! - designer series paper, not quite navy and early espresso cardstock, welcome neighbor designer paper

JBS Mercantile - "HOME" sentiment, green polka dot designer paper, lined paper

Thrifted - yellow ric rack



1 comment:

Jamie said...

Very fun card!

My Godmother did something similar for my high school graduation. She filled a laundry basket with household stuff I would need for college. It was a wonderful gift!