Saturday, September 11, 2010

a recipe book

So, are you one of those people that tears the recipes from the magazines and sticks them in the cabinet vowing to try them one day but never do? Well, I'm one of those people. I always seem to save the really yummy looking recipes that are super bad for you that you would only make for a special occasion. I stack them in the cabinet with no order at all. It's very frustrating to me, but they are out of sight and the tackiness isn't visible to us or visitors. I want to keep them, but I really shouldn't because I know I'll never get to them. I have high hopes.

Well, I made a step in the right direction the other day. I..threw.them.away.(well, I'll confess...most of them, not all) YIKES! It took all I had, but I did it. I've still got tons of cookbooks. We aren't going to address that issue here. That, my friends, is for another day. I have now committed myself to making myself a favorite recipe flip book. It will have only my favorites in it and the other magazine clippings will have to go. They will be the tried and true Dynamo likes them recipes. The others don't make the cut. The only one that will stay without Dynamo's full support will be my Ga Ga's brownie recipe. When I didn't win a ribbon at the County Fair (which I was totally convinced I would) I was brought to the realization that maybe they aren't really as good as I think they are. But, they are my Ga Ga's recipe and that makes them good to me.

Here is the flip book...

And, a closeup...
And, the inside...
The best part is that the outside "cover" is made of heavyweight chipboard, so it stands up on the counter like those sandwichboard signs.

I did go a little crazy with the distressing inks, but that's ok 'cause it's my book! I finally got to use my Stampin' Up! From the Kitchen of stamp set and did you notice the new antique brads from SU too? The tab punch, striped red grosgrain ribbon, and orange ric rack were helpers too! Also, I used some JBS Mercantile papers and chipboard letter "R".

Hope you like it!



1 comment:

Kristi said...

I pull the recipes out with those same intentions, thinking they will inspire me, but I don't even cook! The book is really cool though. We have a few recipes that are worthy of a book!