Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dyeing some tags

I decided that I wanted to dye some tags to use in my craft projects. I read about this process in one of the Stampington and Company magazines and thought it sounded pretty easy. In the magazine they used blueberries to dye, but when I used blueberries in cold water (maybe I should have used hot) I wasn't so successful. So, I pulled out the good old food coloring. Easy as pie. I thought you might like to dye some of your papers, especially with the holidays coming up.

First, gather the supplies...
Then, add the desired amount of food coloring to the water bowls...
Crinkle the tags and then give them a dunk...
Voila!!!! Now you have dyed tags. I used some parchment paper to lay them on. Use something like that so it doesn't absorb the dye.



No comments: