Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday

Last week I received my very first note to my email inbox after my Thankful on a Thursday post. Even though it was from a friend who probably felt obligated to read my blog, it was still really special when I read it. At the end of last week's post I asked what "YOU" were thankful for. I thought I'd share what my friend emailed me...
"I like it….


I am thankful for:
Oak trees that cover my commute on the way in
A beautiful hotel to work in each day
An ocean outside my building
A river and marsh down the road"

So, when thinking about what to post for this week, I went back to my email inbox and re-read her note to me. I'm sure that not everything I post on here everyone can relate to. I'm sure that some days you read my blog and stop before looking at the entire post because it's not for you. That's ok. I'll forgive you. But, I was so pleased when I actually got an email from someone saying she liked what I wrote about and then shared what made her thankful. That made me grin from ear to ear.

If you blog then you understand what I'm saying. Most days I wonder who is really reading this stuff. I occasionally hear that my friends and family read what I post. But, sometimes I wonder who's out there. I love to get comments on my posts. It's so exciting to see what people think about something you've put out there. It's really nice to get an email saying that what you said really made someone stop and think about what they were thankful for today.

On another note I want to thank my followers. It's so much fun to get a "follower" officially. It's so cool when a new image appears in the sidebar. I called my friend recently and said "I got a new follower and the best part is that I don't even know who they are." It sounds so bizarre, but it's really cool when someone "follows" you and it isn't someone that is your family or friend already. It's really cool to have new friends in blogland. After months of writing it's really awesome to finally see that you're getting more page hits each day and have new followers that you don't know!

So, these Thursday posts are not just the chance for me to share what I'm thankful for, but for you to stop and take a moment to thank God for your blessings, great or small. So, thanks for reading, for your comments, and for your emails.

This week I'm thankful for...

16. YOU...thank you for reading my blog. Thank you for your comments. Thank you for taking the time to venture into my world.
17. new followers! You rock! Thanks for thinking this stuff is good enough to come back to!
18. vitamin C...Dynamo's a little under the weather, and I think I may be coming down with something, but for the longest time we've been pretty healthy and I owe it to exercise and Vitamin C!
19. birthdays! Monday night our girls' nite group celebrated another birthday! (more pics and details on the cake next week) I look at birthdays as a positive!
20. bug spray! I'm not sure what I would do without that stuff! I've gotten chiggers once this summer, but that's enough to teach you not to forget your spray. Those critters are brutal.

That's all for this Thursday! I'm going to offer it up to you again this week to share with me what you're thankful for. I'd love to hear about it! I know others would too! So, if you're so inclined to take a moment in your busy day and think about some of the things you're thankful for post them in the form of a comment on this post or email me. Happy Thursday! To read more of the Thankful on a Thursday posts from other bloggers, click  here.



1 comment:

Cobblestone Destinations said...

Queenie-I read your blog b/c I miss you and not because I feel obligated too. Its a way to re-connect with you after all these years. True-i can't relate to how creative you are, but it is fun to see what you are able to create with your cards. And if I had any motivation to be creative, i would definately try some of your ideas. I probably need to start with a simple one like dying a tag. :)