Monday, April 8, 2013

Diaper Cake Success!

You all remember the towel cake for the bridal shower right? Well, on Sunday I attended a baby shower for one of my high school friends and decided to make a diaper cake! So, here's the result!

Diaper Cake April 2013 (5)

































It turned out really good if I do say so myself! Dynamo was so kind to help me tie all of the diapers together with string and assemble it. This kind of project does take multiple hands!

Diaper Cake April 2013 (7)

































In the center were rolled up receiving blankets to make a strong core. Around that were almost 36 newborn diapers in two rows. Then, I tied it all together with ribbon around the base. I rolled up 3 burp cloths to add to the middle and Mortimer the Moose adorned the top! (Charlie thought Mortimer was for him since it crinkled and squeaked!) The "cake" was set on a cardboard cake plate and some tulle was wrapped around to hold it together. Not difficult, but it did take a little time to pull it all together.

Diaper Cake April 2013 (2)

The mom-to-be loved it and it was a great way to turn some useful items into something decorative and pretty! The baby boy is due in June!



No comments: